J.D. Moore specializes in dispute resolution with a strong focus on design, construction and real estate related matters. As a litigator, Mr. Moore has significant experience with non-construction disputes.
Prior to law school, Mr. Moore operated a variety of design and construction businesses and brings more than 25 years of real world experience to his practice. Matters routinely include mediation, arbitration and civil trial practice in both state and federal courts. Mr. Moore also has gained extraordinary insights into drafting and negotiating virtually every type of design and construction contract.
A member of the AAA’s National Panel of Construction Arbitrators and Roster of Neutrals, Mr. Moore actively serves as an AAA arbitrator and represents clients as attorney advocate in a variety of national and international dispute resolution forums. Whether during transactions or dispute resolution, his 40 years of combined construction and negotiations experience sets him apart as an effective client representative and arbitrator.
Mr. Moore earned his law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in 1998. During law school, Mr. Moore served as editor-in-chief of the UMKC Law Review, was a member of UMKC's National Trial Team and its ABA Negotiations Team and received numerous trial practice and leadership awards. Since beginning his practice, Mr. Moore has been recognized as Best of the Bar and Best Lawyers in America.
- American Arbitration Association – Member, National Panel of Construction Arbitrators and Roster of Neutrals
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association – Past Chairman, Construction Law Committee
Civic Involvement and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2013
- Kansas City Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2003-2005
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, J.D., 1998
- University of Arkansas, B.A., 1997
- Missouri, 1998
- United States District Courts for the District of Kansas and Western District of Missouri